Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Very First Post

Hello Muffin Bakers!
 Since the name "Make Muffins" was already taken *sniffle* I hereby christen this blog: Bake a Muffin! (round of applause from appreciative audience)
  In other news: yesterday was the first time I made OhSheGlows carrot chia spelt muffins! However, I had neither chia nor spelt in my kitchen, so I substituted with what I had :)
The original recipe is here:  http://ohsheglows.com/2010/01/30/carrot-chia-spelt-muffins/
   The modifications are as follows:

Ingredients

  • Dry:
  • 1 and 3/4 cups unbleached AP flour + 3/4 cups WW flour
  • 2.5 T sugar
  • 1.5 t cinnamon, with a sprinkle of nutmeg (I LOVE extra cinnamon in my baked goodies!)
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 4 T dried cranberries
  • Wet:
  • 2 T ground flax seeds
  • 1/2 c + 2 T milk
  • 1 cup shredded carrot and apple (I used 2-3 food processed carrots + 1/2 or a lovely large Granny Smith)
  • 1.5 t vanilla
  • 2 T molasses
  • 1 medium VERY ripe mashed banana
  • 1/4 cup olive oil (Booo: I ran out of extra virgin, so just used regular)

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375F.
  2. Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
  3. Mix wet ingredients together in a medium sized bowl and add wet to dry, mixing until combined.
  4. Add a leeeetle bit of water, just to moisten the batter and incorporate all of the flour.
  5. Spoon into greased muffin tin (or paper liners, like I did).
  6. Bake for 25 – 27 min.
Here they are, bathing in the glow of the range lamp, finally in the spotlight where they belong ;)




    These smelled LOVELY coming out of the oven! All cinnammoney, with just a little kick from the nutmeg. I think I may need to add a little bit more sweetener next time, though you could always do what My Hero did, and eat one for breakfast with jam :) Or heat one up and spread with a little bit of salted butter = YUM! :D

2 comments:

  1. :) you are too cute dear sister and i feel like i'm right there with you :) hope you have fun with this new blog of yours :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The first comment! I'll do my best not to disappoint ;)

    ReplyDelete